Crash on run!

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
proshot78
Answers: 1
Has voted: 3 times

Crash on run!

Post by proshot78 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 5.8.206.0
Operating system: Windows 10 (21H2 Build 19044.2251)
PowerShell version(s): 7.3.0 (Also have 5.1.19041.1682 installed)

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

When I attempt to run a project using Powershell 7 64 bit, the project stops, and ends without seeming to execute anything.
I have tried creating a new project and running it, but it does the same thing. If I select Powershell 5 64 bit, I am able to load up the project.
I have tried to use the powershell version picker, but it thinks for a second and then doesn't do anything.

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Crash on run!

Post by Alexander Riedel »

"but it thinks for a second and then doesn't do anything." I am not sure what that exactly means, so if you could elaborate on that please.
This more or less sounds like you do not have the required .NET 7 desktop runtime installed.
Please verify if you have that. In addition, if there was a crash, your system logs would have more information as to what happened.
Please check and let us know what, if any, additional information you see there.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Crash on run!

Post by Alexander Riedel »

On further re-reading your post, the PowerShell Studio version your are running is a few months behind.
PowerShell 7.3 was released much later that the build you are running. The build you are running is from May 2022.
PowerShell Studio supports PowerShell 7.3 since build 5.8.213 which was released on November 15, 2022
You can find the version history for any SAPIEN product here: https://www.sapien.com/software/version_history
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.