Trail Version issues

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
raymond floyd

Trail Version issues

Post by raymond floyd »

So I downloaded the trial version and I am trying to create a .msi and .exe using the same scripts and executable. If I render an .msi file the program installs as expected but the script attached to create the desktop icon item fails to create desktop icon.

If I use the .exe from the same build the desktop icon is created but the program is not installed.

I need to know if this is a trial software problem or a User (Me) problem?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Trail Version issues

Post by brittneyr »

Can you clarify what you mean by "the script attached"? Are you running a custom action with a script to create this desktop icon or are you referring to your script packaged as an executable?

Does your executable run as expected when installed by your MSI installer?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.