How to select all of the matching highlighted text?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
xtraspecialj

How to select all of the matching highlighted text?

Post by xtraspecialj »

I'm pretty sure this may be in the Keyboard Shortcuts or in the documentation, but I don't really know the terminology to use and/or look for.

Basically, whenever you select something in the editor, PS Studio automatically highlights any matching strings throughout the rest of the code. How do I select all of those so that I could delete them or maybe paste replacement text that is already copied into the clipboard over them? I know I can CTRL-H and Find/Replace, but if there is a way to just automatically select all that without having to do that, it'd be faster and easier.

So I guess my question is, is that highlighting just for making it easier to find matching uses of the selected string, or is there more to the feature where we can select all of it?

See this very simple example in this screenshot below. I've selected Example in the top string and it's highlighted the word Example in the other 3 strings, so how do I select the word Example in all 3 strings?
2023-02-08_12-40-32.png
2023-02-08_12-40-32.png (7.32 KiB) Viewed 6034 times
Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2023 (5.8.217)
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 19042.2364
PowerShell version(s): Powershell 5 64 bit (5.1.19041.2364)

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: How to select all of the matching highlighted text?

Post by brittneyr »

The highlighting is to make it easier to find matching strings. The functionality you are asking about is on our to-do list though.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.