Activate powershell studio

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 2 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
MartijnDeJong

Activate powershell studio

Post by MartijnDeJong »

Hi,

I just purchased PowerShell Studio. I've got my own laptop, but I want to use PowerShell Studio on a vm on my laptop.
That VM has a trial license. Because I use the VM for developing. When I'm done with a particular project I throw away the VM and create a new one.
Is it possible to activate everytime PowerShell Studio on each new VM or will I run out after 2 activations?

If I want to activate a VM license I get the message:
The key you entered is a VM Trial key and cannot be used to unlock this product
Screenshot 2023-04-14 120811.png
Screenshot 2023-04-14 120811.png (482.68 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
Kind regards,

Martijn de Jong
sapiensales
Site Admin
Answers: 2
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Activate powershell studio

Post by sapiensales »

We are happy to help. Please email sales@sapien.com referencing this post. Thank you.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Activate powershell studio

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hello. Let me answer this here as this may be of interest to others.
Firstly, a Virtual Machine Trial key is not a VM license, it is just a way to start a trial of our software on a virtual machine.
So if you have a regular activation key you would use that on your VM as well.

As far as activations are concerned, you will not run out, rest assured.
Most users developing on a VM install and activate PowerShell Studio on their base image. The reset from that base image instead of starting from scratch.
So if you need to clean up and reset the VM, the software is there, installed and activated.

On some Virtual Machine systems that may not be an option, so you can either
a) deactivate PowerShell Studio on the VM before tossing it or
b) deactivate the machine in question on your SAPIEN account page at any time

We are actually working on making this particular type of process easier, but that is all I can give you for now.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 2 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.