CTRL+S not working as expected

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 10 months and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cameltex

CTRL+S not working as expected

Post by cameltex »

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2023 8.1.181
Operating system: Windows 11 22000.918
PowerShell version(s): not using PowerShell
32-bit version of software? 64 bit.

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
I have a JScript file (test.js) which was written using Notepad++ editor. I'm opening this file with PrimalScript (using menu File -> Open), I'm making small changes to the code and I'm trying to save this file using CTRL+S shortcut. This should save the file, but PrimalScript is showing "Save as" window instead. Seems like a bug. This is not happening on files created with PrimalScript (which is very strange).
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: CTRL+S not working as expected

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I created a new js file with Notepad++ and then opened it with PrimalScript as you described. I can modify it and save it without any problem. The file is left open in Notepad++ and updates when it gets the focus back as expected.
As per code, the only reason Ctrl+S would bring up the SaveAs dialog is when the file is named "Untitled" with whatever extension.
Does this only affect this particular file or *any* file created with notepad++ on your machine?
Could you share the file here or at our Support upload?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cameltex

Re: CTRL+S not working as expected

Post by cameltex »

My file was named "Untitled1.js". Renaming it to something else solved my problem. Thanks.
This topic is 10 months and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.