PowerShell Form Documentation

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 months and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
AMacdon9

PowerShell Form Documentation

Post by AMacdon9 »

I've inherited responsibility of a few multi-form projects that have come with no documentation on how they work etc. I have been tasked with documenting how they work and such.

I was wondering how people went about documenting their forms? What I've inherited is quite large and messy, and I've made steps refactoring it. With there being many aspects towards a form - functions, events, dependencies, controls, layout to name a few - I'm wondering where to begin, and even if the structure of my documentation is the most efficient.

So far, I'm thinking of making a developer version for if someone were to take my responsibility, and a customer version to describe how to use the form. I've got headers within my documentation for dependencies, form layout, and functionality. But I keep asking myself If this is the best way of going about it?

I'm posting this here as all development and maintenance of these forms are done within Studio.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 31 times

Re: PowerShell Form Documentation

Post by brittneyr »

[Topic moved to PowerShell Forum by moderator]
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 31 times

Re: PowerShell Form Documentation

Post by brittneyr »

Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 10 months and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.